Wednesday 7 December 2011

Tables and chairs and datacoms

So I knew I wanted a rustic table for the new meals area. Something the kids can paste at, draw on, put drinks on, eat without a place-mat etc. without me FREAKING out! Originally I had planned to have mismatched chairs, as I love that look - but so many of the chairs I liked needed work. I don't have time to do necessary upkeep on me - a CHAIR stands NO chance :P

I want a big table, preferably which can extend even longer for those big dinner parties and XMAS, so I have bought some rustic chairs and an extension table for the new meals area. The chairs are quite basic but I like the simplicity! It's that lack of fuss I really wanted for the area.

We will have eight of these chairs around this table.

Of course, I am yet to explain to Sean that his 'clean out the garage' crusade is about to take a major backward step. Here's hoping that hearing less of me talk about the perfect kitchen table will outweigh having to help lug it up the hill and a few months of garage annoyance...

Met with the datacoms technician on-site today to arrange patch panels, phonelines, aerial coax and powerpoints. A fruitful meeting! I was concerned that they did not have much of an idea of what we wanted. They still think some of our ideas are barking - but on the plus side it is all happening as requested and they also had some very helpful input we've been able to take on board, too.

Next drama is when to install our fireplace. The installer won't put it in until lockup, yet it needs to be installed before plastering. But plastering is starting on Friday and we're still not locked up.... Will deal with that drama tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo. It is all happening at full steam now!

    With the fireplace, is it built in or freestanding? When we redid our lounge we installed the fireplace for the hole for fire to sit in, removed it for plastering and painting, and then reinstalled it afterwards. It is amazing the things people will steal from a building site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is, April! The fireplace is built in to the sitting room. Our builder has it all set ready to go but we'll have it installed after handover.

    Plaster arrived on site today. Will have to go for a good nosey on site over the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete