Thursday 23 February 2012

Skirtings

So it's amazing how skirtings can make all the difference to a house! I spun past today and the chippies were just wrapping up after installing them - but it was great as I could quickly get inside!!

They look great :) In one fell swoop the house looks that much more finished. I hope that tomorrow my interior shelving will be going in (robes, linen cupboards etc.).

Spoke to the painter a day or two back, and they are queued to start in a week or so. Also spoke to our sparkie and let him know I need to see him to check a few issues. They were good, too.

So it really IS all happening!

Because we have two dogs (pugs) I need to sort out fencing before we move in. And I figure that is something which can be quoted, at least, before handover.

I want a gate on the left hand side (tall) and matching tall vehicle gates on the right, too. Timber. Painted the same colours as the house trim. I want something simple but elegant.

I have a couple of ideas - basically like these but 'tall'.

For the left hand side. This but the bottom section 'tall'.

And at the same height on the right - inward opening
matching vehicle gates.

Will leave my options open - but I might as well get quotes now as it would be better to have it lined up and booked in ASAP after handover. Am sure I will be stunned by the costs :o

2 comments:

  1. I love those gates, they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am pretty sure you can buy them ready made. I have to go to the hardware store tomorrow and I will check out their brochures, but I am sure I have seen them in a catalogue

    ReplyDelete