Tuesday 18 June 2013

Bare

So for a while I have been bemoaning how bare the house looks. Especially the walls. I really need to get on and organise curtains as the house is looking so unfinished. But in the meantime I have found some art I really like.

Surfing around cyberland, I came across 'Don't Look' - a series of blind contour sketches of local Melbourne buildings by Every Studio. Blind contour drawings are done without the artist looking at the canvas - so they are really abstract but by the same token they retain their unmistakable identities. There are 5 in the series, and I will be getting three:

Flinders Street Station

House of Parliament

St Pauls Cathedral 

I think they will look great in my study nook (once I tidy it up). If not, I am sure I can find a suitable place for them. In any case, I like them a lot so am delighted that I found them!

No comments:

Post a Comment