Wednesday 18 June 2014

Fun finishings!

So I have been watching a lot of Canadian and American design shows on Foxtel. Honestly, I much prefer the Canadian shows. Their sense of style is a little quirkier, in my opinion, and seems more original. I have a few fave shows - Love it or List it - Vancouver and Property Brothers / My Dream Home. One thing I like about all of them are the decor items they use. Like tiny little decor vignettes all throughout the house.

It makes the spaces look more real and finished and, most importantly, interesting!

One space I have started on is a corner of our laundry. I bought a jar to hold my napisan, another for pegs, and then some twine and scissors. Will probably add a nice chunky square basket further down the bench to hold the laundry liquids, and a rustic soap dish for beside the tub. But for now I am quite pleased with how it's all coming together.

Some little decor pieces

Up close. A bit more interesting than a blank benchtop.

Am also thinking of adding a rustic tray underneath it all. We need a tray anyway - and I like the idea of having it 'on display' instead of 'in a cupboard' when not in use. Asked around on a couple of groups I am a part of, and this one was suggested. Under $40 and there's a store close by. Might be just the ticket!


No comments:

Post a Comment