Friday 15 August 2014

Pillow Ponderings

One thing I am fiercely proud of is Australian design. In my opinion we have some simply amazing designers, and I like to acknowledge this by buying locally designed pieces for my home where I can.

One historic Australian designer I admire is Florence Broadhurst. A girl born in the back of beyond who traveled extensively and really lived life! The mystery of her death adds to the whole mystique too, I guess. I know it's the design equivalent of 3 ducks on a wall - but I've been looking for just a 'touch of Florence' for my home for a while. And now I think I've found it :)

My long suffering 'spare room' really needs to be finished off. The new bedlinen looks well, but I need cushions etc. to complete the look. Which is where these pillow ponderings come in. I am considering some subtle but oh so pretty Florence Broadhurst pillows for the bed. I just can't decide whether to do standard pillow cases, or a smaller decorative cushion? I really like the pattern, so I am leaning towards 2 standard pillow cases and then using decorative cushions in coordinating colours and textures to complete the look.

As the least used bed in the house, I figure I can go to town with the pillows as it won't need to be remade all that often :)

New ivory bed linen (needs a press!)
Blue cushions are from elsewhere in 
the house and just to give an idea

Am thinking of buying 2 of these standard
pillow cases to add to this bed

Need to make up my mind before they sell out. Wish I could see the colour IRL first. It looks like a grey/slate blue. In any case I think it will work.

1 comment:

  1. I think you need standard pillowcases to match the linen at the back, then euro pillowcases to match doona, then standard pillowcases to match the doona, then 2 or 3 decorative pillows in varying sizes at the front. This really fills out the look.

    ReplyDelete