Monday 22 September 2014

Groundcovers

I loathe weeding. It must be one of the most thankless tasks ever. However our garden bed at the back just lends itself to a never ending supply of weeds, hence we came up with the idea of putting in a groundcover to smother the weeds (and progress the look we're after).

After a lot of searching online (and in nurseries) I had decided on a white bacopa as just the thing. Until I realised at $10 a pot, it was going to be prohibitively expensive to do the area I had in mind. And then my darling husband asked if it could be grown from seed. I would never have thought about it, but a quick google indicates it can!

So I've just ordered 50 seeds online for the princely sum of $18.50. Sean has the greenhouse set up, and has been wanting a project, so this will be just the thing! Of course, that means I have a limited time frame in which to weed the garden bed ready for the seedlings. Motivation is a helpful thing!

Bacopa Snowtopia

Have also bought another indoor plant. A Madonna Lily for my desk. I'm not entirely sure it will get enough light there, so I might need to get a second and rotate them to a sunnier position every few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment